We are finally out for the summer. I have a to do list a mile long and we are dealing with rainy weather but I'm so excited to start my summer.
I brought my rolling cart home with many things I need to work on.
1. New science materials, National Geographic. Is anyone else using these materials?
2. Common Core Math Standards. Something new and so I have to dive into our Expressions math materials and see where I need to fill in the gaps.
3. Common Core Standards in Language Arts and in Writing. I need to see what I already have, need to create or purchase.
4. The wonderful Daily 5. I want to use it along with our reading program. I have been putting it off for a couple years since I did SFA last year and they were going to go to SFA at this school. But with no money we will keep what we have and I can try the Daily 5.
5. Whole Brain Teaching- I tried a few of the components this year and I would like to start it from the very beginning.
6. Rearrange my classroom. I have a huge class but I'm not happy with the arrangement.
Besides doing all this great planning I need to finish my masters. I'm also glad I have some time to blog.